If you've already looked over the Rules, but you still have questions, check out the issues addressed below. We'll be adding to this page as Round 1 progresses. Feel free to leave questions and comments below.
What genres are allowed? Does every story/artwork need to be romantic?
- All genres and ratings are allowed, from fluff to kink to angst, from G-rated hand-holding to Oh-Lord-That's-Porn. No, the fanwork doesn't need to be particularly romantic, but it does need to focus on the pairing prompt. Pairing, in this community, can be anything from a full sexual relationship to a friendship.
What about crossovers? RPF?
- All crossovers are certainly allowed, so long as the SPN pairing you're using remains the central focus. RPF is also allowed, but none of the prompted pairings will involve RPF characters. What does that mean for your fanwork? Well, you could write a Sam/Dean set in the real world or a fic about the actors discussing your chosen pairing.
What are we not allowed to post?
- Please do not post previously posted works or incomplete works. Also, do not post WIP chapters. If you're writing a story, the entire fic must have the pairing as a central focus, not just one chapter.
Can I combine my bingo fill with another challenge?
What's the Wild Card square?
- Ah, the old two birds, one stone tactic. Sure! Just make sure it's posted within the Round 1 dates on the schedule, as well as labeled as a part of spnpairingbingo, and you're golden.
- A Wild Card square is like a blank square in Scrabble; it can represent any pairing your little heart desires. But you must write/create something with an SPN pairing in it and use it as a fill. You can't leave it blank and turn in four fills.
What if I don't like all my pairing prompts?
I want to write fanfiction and create art in the same bingo. Is that okay?
- Well, when players sign-up, we give them "Opt-Outs", so they can select some types of pairings they don't enjoy. Let's face it, some of us just aren't into Wincest or angels or canon pairings. So, when you request a card, you can make up to five Opt-Out requests (more are allowed within reason). Otherwise, do try to create something for the prompt pairing. The whole point of a prompt is to stretch your creativity, which sometimes means leaving your comfort zone. Thankfully, you only have to take a 500-word trip into enemy territory ;) The mods are completely confident that such a small fanwork can be created for every pairing given out.
Do I have to post the fills at the community? Can I post elsewhere?
- Of course! Mix and match or stick to just one type of fanwork. So long as it fits the minimum requirements listed in the Rules.
- Don't post the fills at the community. Post links in the headers provided in the Posting Guidelines. You post the actual work wherever you'd like, just make sure you mention that the work is a spnpairingbingo fill.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask below or visit the links at the top of the post (or the right side-bar).